Saturday, November 13, 2010

There had better be a reason for this

My child is usually revoltingly angelic.  He is just a good baby. He has me spoiled to the point that when he does have a bad day, I don't know how to deal with it.  I get frazzled because I am not exposed to that side of him very often.

Today was a bad day. 

We went to a birthday party during which my son proceeded to throw a hissy fit.  I tried everything: rocking, walking, nursing, singing, bouncing, toys...everything I could think of.  No luck.  We finally left the party.  I know that babies will be babies but it is always a source of embarrassment when you can't console your crying child.  It has something to do with a hidden fear of parental inadequacies. 

I then tried driving around in hopes that he would calm down.  Once again, no luck.  At this point I am ready to pull my hair out.  We finally made it home where he proceeded to take a 30 minute nap, wake up and be a sweet giggly baby as his daddy got ready for work, and then become demon-child again the moment we dropped his father off.

And here we are now, my dear child is sitting on the floor alternating between dragging every toy out of the toy box and screaming bloody murder.  As this post topic says, there had better be a reason for this. I hate not knowing what is wrong with him.  I'm wondering if he is finally teething...

All I know is that I am in for a long night.

No comments:

Post a Comment