Tuesday, November 9, 2010

...I'll just pack this anyway...

People think I am prepared.  When I go places with my son, I have not one, but two spare outfits.  I have enough diapers for triplets and even extra wipes.  I have toys.  I have lotion, baby wash, and baby powder.  I have socks, and bibs, and spit rags.  I have baby food in various flavors and two different spoons.  But I am not prepared.

I am the Queen of just-in-case.  I am terrified of getting somewhere and needing something I don't have.  I am overloaded with things.  My car is a mess.  But I need these things. Just in case.

I annoy myself with this obsession.  I want to be free.  But if I try to go without something, there is that nagging little voice in the back of my mind.  Just in case.  Just in case.  Just in case.

My husband thinks I'm crazy.  I probably am.  But if you are out with me and your child just happens to need lotion (scented or unscented), or an extra long-sleeved onesie, or will only stop crying for a green stuffed elephant, then you will be thankful for my obbsession with just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment