Wednesday, November 10, 2010

N is for Naps

Today I want to talk about naps.

I remember in the not so distant past when if I wanted to have an afternoon snooze it was as simple as that.  Remove clothing, climb under covers, zzzzzzz.  Removing clothing was even optional. 

Now napping is a challenge.  Get the kiddo to sleep, pick up the mess, go pee (because I have been holding it while getting him to sleep!), let the dog go pee (because she has also been holding it!), undress (because there is poop on my clothes) and finally crawl into bed.  Wahhhhhh.  Oops, start over.

I miss simple naps, when I could sink into oblivion without a care and sleep as long as I wanted and then take forever to wake up.  Now I am jolted awake by every little sigh or eye twitch of my six month old.

I wanted a nap today.  Did I get one?  No.  did I beg my son for one?  Yes.  I am not too proud to beg, although it rarely works.

Just another thing to add to my list of things mommy did because she loves you.

That list will never stop growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment