Monday, December 5, 2011

  My kids are different.  I mean, obviously I expected this.  I didn't expect Lyla to be a feminine clone of Jacob.  But it still surprises me.

 Jacob was a clingy, high maintenance baby who wanted constant attention (what can I say, he's a man).
Lyla is more relaxed.  She doesn't require that I hold her all the time.  In fact, sometimes she just does NOT want to be touched.

 Sleep is where the biggest difference is.  Jacob is not a fan of sleep.  Not as an infant, not now.  He didn't sleep more than 3-4 hours in a row until he was nearly 11 months old.  He has always been an early riser.  Now, he goes to bed at about 8:30 and wakes up anywhere from 6-7am.  He takes one short nap. 

Lyla loves sleep.  At almost 3 months, she still sleeps quite a bit.  And here's where the surprise comes in: she sleeps BY HERSELF.  She will fall asleep and stay asleep in her own bed.  Or during the day, in the swing.  And she sleeps late.  She takes a while to wake up.  She reminds me of her father in this way.

I wonder how much Lyla's personality is a reflection of her being the second child and having to be a little more independent since often her big brother requires my attention. 

No comments:

Post a Comment